Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Velvet Goldmine


Inspiration... This past weekend I watched a movie called "Velvet Goldmine" with Christan Bale, Ewan MeGregor and Toni Collette. If you haven't seen the movie, you should - it's about glam rock in the 1970's. I LOVED IT!!! It made me realize that life should be about your passions and journeys that you embark upon. The movie is a reflection back onto the past lives of a group of individuals who were involved in the Glam Rock lifestyle to the present (at the time of the film) when these individuals have moved onto new paths within their lives. Leaving only the memories and past experiences to carry with them into the future. Memories and real life adventure is amazing!

At the ripe age of 25, I feel like I have so many new adventures ahead of me, but that I have also already gained and created a memorable past. Like moving to the San Francisco from New Jersey with no job or a real plan, just the drive to do so. And after two years of working and finishing school - moving to New York and now, Miami for an exciting oppurtunity. I'm going to embrace these journeys and continue to take risks so that I can look back and know I pursued a life lived. Just go see the movie - it's great!

No comments: